Often imitated, never duplicated                     Mixed Media - artwork using more than one medium.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #6 - Stamps

Welcome back to The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #6  - STAMPS!


We are thrilled to have UNITY STAMP COMPANY as our fantastic sponsor this month! They are offering up a $50 gift certificate to a random lucky entrant! Woohoo!



NOVEMBER GUEST DESIGNER - ANGIE BLOM


Hi my name is Angie Blom and I am a stamp illustrator for Unity Stamp Company, and I am also on their Design Team. I have been creating stamps for Unity for three years. I call myself lucky to be working along side some great designers.  I am a young 50 year old, married for 27+ years with two growing children 19 and 8, I am blessed that they keep me young at heart.  I am also working with the Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine touring with their Crop and Create events, where I get a chance to teach with Unity Stamps. But if you do attend the events I am usually front and center taking your registration and helping out where needed. You can find my blog at Angie Blom Design Two

Angie made a stunning canvas for our challenge! She used brand new Suzi Blu Unity stamps to create this 6x6 piece. Visit her blog for a detailed look at how she created it!




DESIGN TEAM HOST - MELANIE

Hi! I’m Melanie and I’m the host for this month’s challenge. I use stamps so much in my mixed media that I don't even think about it. If you haven’t tried it yet, dig through your stash and think of unique ways to incorporate various stamps into your projects.

For this project I started with my surface, which is some lumbar cut into a 5.5” square. I primed it first then painted the sides.


I pulled papers, paper scraps, and various embellishments from my stash and put them together to see what colors worked and what type of image I wanted to create. I loved the cardstock sticker houses, so I decided to go with a “home” theme. I assembled the papers and created a scene.


I remembered a fun tree stamp that was in my stash (from Unity Stamp Co). I pulled a paper with some fall-ish colors and stamped the image using Staz-On black ink. I always use Staz-On because it’s water proof. I want my project to withstand even accidental moisture. 


After I stamped the patterned paper, I stamped the image onto the project itself.


Then I cut the circles from the patterned paper and adhered them onto the tree.


I repeated this process and made another tree. I used some botanical flourish stamps to create a border around the entire project, and added some random stamping on the project itself to create texture. 


There are so many creative ways to use stamps in mixed media. I can’t wait to be inspired by your creations this month!

Now more inspiration from our Design Team...











All of our designers used fabulous Unity stamps in their projects! Please visit each designer's blog post to see details on how the project was created... also make sure to leave them some love while you're there!

We don't have many rules, but ask that you do follow the ones we have! 
* Mention in your post how you used Stamps in your project
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog
*You can combine with as many other challenges as you want.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!

You have until November 30th at 11:59pm EST to enter! Remember... a random lucky winner will get a $50 Unity gift certificate! 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stamping projects today. So many different creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are all so beautiful, love seeing how to use Unity Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the inspiration! I love using stamps. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mixed media projects ladies. Very inspirational. :-D
    Thank you for this great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all the talent! Great work everyone! So fun visiting this blog and connecting with great folks. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #6 "Stamps" presents a fascinating avenue for artistic expression. Unlocking A World Of Possibilities 2Nordvpn Change Location This theme encourages artists to incorporate stamps, unlocking a world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!